• Important British, French, Emirates and Spanish property investors are currently investing significantly in hotels and houses for the tourist market.
• Contacts with several property agents (mainly in Spain) have demonstrated strong interest in Morocco as an alternative to Spain. They state that they currently are selling apartments already on drawings and that the demand from, for instance, British buyers is strong and increasing.
• The secondary housing market in Marrakech is presently the strongest in Morocco. In Marrakech there has been a steady and dramatic annual increase in prices per sqm. of more than 30%. According to brokers the increase does not show any signs of slowing down in the near future.
• Information collected in attractive areas indicates price levels varying between 1,300 and 2,750 €/sqm. depending on the quality and location of the properties.
• As the market is developing very quickly, it is, however, currently difficult to assess and make a stable price projection in long term for the projected apartments.
- In general the price of the holiday apartments/ secondary homes in the northern parts of Morocco is 50% less than of comparable objects in Spain only 45 minutes away by ferry.
ScandMar Property Developments AB, P.O Box, 3124, Kungsgatan 44, SE-103 62 Stockholm, Sweden, Tel: +46 8 67717 00