• Morocco is only 2-3 hours flight away from most big cities in Europe.
• There are direct flights to Morocco from a number of central European cities with several different airlines. It is also possible to fly to Malaga in Spain and from there go by car for about one hour and by boat for 35 minutes to Tanger.
• A strong increase of low cost flights from Europe is part of the Moroccan government's ambitious "Vision 2010" strategy, which aims to raise the annual number of tourists to 10 million in the next four years and to see the country compete with the Mediterranean's most popular destinations.
Several airlines have announced the launching of flights to the north African country this year:
- Ryanair has announced that it has agreed to fly 20 routes from Europe over the next five years, carrying up to a million passengers a year. Its routes from Frankfurt and Marseille to Fèz, Marrakech and Oujda opened for business in October 2006.
- Easy Jet has regular service from Gatwick to Marrakech and to Casablanca from Madrid.
-Atlas Blue (low cost carrier) flies from 16 locations in Europe to 6 cities in Morocco.
- Jet4You (low cost carrier) flies from 4 locations in Europe to 5 cities in Morocco.
ScandMar Property Developments AB, P.O Box, 3124, Kungsgatan 44, SE-103 62 Stockholm, Sweden, Tel: +46 8 67717 00